Monday, June 23, 2014

Celebrate the Small Things #bloghop! #CTST

Welcome to VikLit and Celebrating the Small Things! I am loving the hoppers' posts so far, so full of breathtaking joy. It's refreshing! I have included the list below this post.
Enjoy. :D


Here's mine:

In a world full of fast paced craziness, I find that stopping once in a while is really important to catch my breath! As I write this, my mind is frantically combing what I have done! Yikes, I am bad. I know I love to listen to my 15 month old baby laugh and play. I love to hear my kids chattering, their sounds filling the air. I enjoy sitting on my porch as I stare off into the mountains.

One thing that I remember that I have been doing is going for walks. A few times I have actually stopped by the old elementary school where they have swings--yes, swings! Such a rarity these days--and swing facing the mountains. It's so stunningly green and I love to stare at the clouds changing color as the sun sets.

Another thing is writing! Oh, writing is my first love of simple things.

Writing this article has made me realize that I need to enjoy the simple things a bit more often. I am too busy. :(


What simple joys do you find yourself doing?

12 comments:

  1. I can see you enjoying yourself on a kids' swing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe. It is fun! Last night we visited the park and swung for a few hours. Loved it. <3

      Delete
  2. My boys are all teens and a twenty, but I still love to hear them get together and laugh and talk- though I do miss baby chuckles and kid play. I used to love to swing, but haven't done it in years. My life is full of fast paced crazy also- only good thing is I can never say I am bored!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear that life doesn't slow down, even when the kids are all grown up and moved out of the house. I honestly hope my life i still filled with my kids' lives as well as their kids! <3

      Delete
  3. Love the rhythm of your prose. Too many people don't stop to enjoy the scenery. You obviously do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Jeff! I do try my best to stop and enjoy the small things. Sometimes I get caught up in what I'm supposed to do while stress gets the best of me. *sigh*

      Delete
  4. I'm so happy you're enjoying your little folks, Elizabeth. I love children. It's the main reason I write books just for them. Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deanie, that's wonderful! I love finding good books to read to my kids or that hook them into the reading world. Thank you for doing just that! <3

      Delete
  5. Sounds like you are having so much fun with your kids. I always love to be with my baby niece and its always fun and full of life when she is around. You have refreshed my memory as kid when there was a time when I used to have fun swinging on them and trying to reach the blue sky. Thank you. Love the way you write. Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Swinging is a favorite thing of mine. <3 I used to pretend it was a magical way of taking me places. It sure does work out the legs! I hope you have a great weekend, too! :D

      Delete
  6. I definitely need to go on more walks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They force me to focus on my thoughts or the beauty of my surroundings! xD

      Delete

Welcome to my blog! I love reading your comments, so please don't be shy and comment away. Also, because of the outrageous number of Anonymous Spam comments I've been receiving, I have opted from that availability--I apologize for any inconvenience!