Wednesday, October 21, 2015

My Journey of Faith: No Coincidence










To my pleasant surprise yet not surprise, my hubby started looking for jobs in the surrounding area where my aunt lives. In his field, it is easy to get a good job. If you have a CDL, years of experience, hazardous materials familiarity, you're more than likely good to go.

He cast out a few good fishing lines and waited. I prayed, asking if this was the path the Lord wanted us to take, well, because it is a huge fork in the road; one which we've been down before.

It was only 2 years ago that we were inspired of the Lord to move 2 hours south of where we currently live. My husband got a job there and things were going great. We had an apartment, furniture. The kids were great! They were okay with the change. That's when everything went wrong. Bad things happened to my hubby at work. Too often. We then prayed about it and felt that we needed to go back. What? Go back?! Yes, go back.

There is no doubt in my mind of this choice. The warmth of the Spirit in answering our prayer was unmistakable. When the Church came out with this video, it only confirmed:




It was too coincidental to be coincidental and I don't believe in coincidences. Not when it comes to the Lord's hand in things. He is preparing us for something. ;Will we be willing to pick up and leave everything familiar behind because He wills it? Is our faith strong enough to obey?


10 comments:

  1. You know, we had that experience. That was how we ended up in NYC, 8 months pregnant with #3. Terrifying! And I'm not going to say it was easy. It was the opposite of easy, but the lessons we learned and the experiences we had could never be duplicated. It was a sweet, sweet challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoa... now that is a huge challenge. NYC??? *gulp* I had just had baby ;#5 during this time as well and I was going absolutely nuts! I understand what you mean about valuable lessons learned.

      Delete
  2. I hope you find the right path. It seems your faith will lead you where you need to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When God calls it's best that we listen. Jonah found that out.

    Arlee Bird
    A to Z Challenge Co-host
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the thought-provoking video. It's so true that one never knows where the Lord's path will lead. I hope things work out in the best possible way for you, whichever fork you choose.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry you had to turn around and go back. There is always a reason though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. I learned several things during that time that would have been tougher for this time around. I'm grateful for it. I'm also praying that this time won't be like last time and we'd have to back out and *not* move. x(

      Delete

Welcome to my blog! I love reading your comments, so please don't be shy and comment away. Also, because of the outrageous number of Anonymous Spam comments I've been receiving, I have opted from that availability--I apologize for any inconvenience!