Saturday, October 24, 2015

My Journey of Faith: Our Good-Byes










With breath held, we made our way at 4:30 a.m. that morning to the airport. Blessedly so, as the airlines had given him the next available flight. It affected his reserved car as well as the second flight, and he was left "...take ... no thought for the morrow, for what (he) shall eat, or what (he) shall drink, or wherewithal (he) shall be clothed (D&C 84:81)." With two small bags, I kissed him good-bye. Good-bye...

Though my hubby lost his rental car, my angelic aunt and uncle stepped in and helped us and on their own accord without our asking! Oh, do they realize how joyful they made us?

Before he left, he had given us all a Priesthood blessing to preserve and comfort us against the long months without him. I am as Sariah of old.



6 comments:

  1. I'm glad things are working out for you guys. It does seem like it's been a hard journey. Over the last few years you guys have really struggled. We will miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its so sweet of your uncle and aunt to help you all out. Hope you are doing well, Elizabeth?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Rachna. Thank you for asking how I'm doing. I'm hanging in there--while my hubby's far away, I strive to continue to do as I've always done and my kids are happy. My littlest misses him so much, he's calling every man he sees (including the ones in the movies) daddy. *sniff* I'm so lookin forward to being together again--but THERE with him! <3

      Delete

Welcome to my blog! I love reading your comments, so please don't be shy and comment away. Also, because of the outrageous number of Anonymous Spam comments I've been receiving, I have opted from that availability--I apologize for any inconvenience!