Monday, October 19, 2015

My Journey of Faith: Out of Place










The drive home was not as grueling as the ride to. Isn't that strange? We drove through beautiful Southern Utah and continued all the way north. It was dark by the time we arrived, and the kids were fatigued and sleepy. Once we entered our city, we felt like foreigners. Strangers in a strange land. More so when we stepped into our house.






My kids felt weird. I felt weird. We all noted how out of place we felt. I've never felt that way about returning home, especially after a 20 hour drive! We felt it was odd how, after only spending two days and half away, we felt so fast-rooted there.

Have you ever felt misplaced in your own home?


8 comments:

  1. Only for a few hours but after my daughter spend a semester in Morocco, it took her weeks to feel comfortable at home. The rooms were too big and bright. The food too varied. Riding in cars was strange.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! What an experience for her. I hope she kept a diary!

      Delete
  2. I've not felt that way, but after my first vacation after I moved to the east coast I felt a sense of homecoming I hadn't had before.

    The photos are beautiful. It must a been a breathtaking drive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting! What's strange is that we felt a sense of homecoming to the vacation spot inTexas!

      Delete
  3. Yes! The entire three years I lived outside of Boston, I felt I never fit in even though we bought a house, the kind I always thought I wanted (Victorian) while we lived there. The one good friend I made in MA, also from the mid-Atlantic originally, felt the same way and she was a military wife! We were finally able to move back to the town we left and I'm the happiest. The kids are still adjusting to missing three years of former/current friends lives, but are becoming more rooted every day.
    Go with your instinct. For some reason, you are being called to Texas. I can't wait to hear about your journey!
    www.heathermccubbin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What an experience you're having! That is something to marvel over! I'm so glad you found your place back where you're heart is at. :)

      Delete
  4. Amazing scenery.
    Only if I've been gone a really long time, like over a week, do I feel weird.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see that! Strange how we were not gone long and we felt misplaced! xD

      Delete

Welcome to my blog! I love reading your comments, so please don't be shy and comment away. Also, because of the outrageous number of Anonymous Spam comments I've been receiving, I have opted from that availability--I apologize for any inconvenience!