Thursday, October 29, 2015

My Journey of Faith: Secretly Wondering










If you've been following my blog since 2011, you'll know that my writing career has been strange. I've been sharing with my wonderful IWSG how unstable it has been. It has, in my honest opinion, been spiraling down no matter how much I fought for it. I've been facing all sorts of rejections, and no, not the kind you get after sending a query letter. I don't have enough fingers to count them all, but let's just say, they would certianly discourage a debut author!

As it turns out, in a Priesthood blessing my hubby gave me, the Lord had mentioned that now is not the time for my career, to keep it as a hobby alone. I need to focus on my children, my family. During that time, every one of them suddenly faced a crisis within their own right. I cried many nights for guidance on how to meet their needs. I had to be vigilent and available--still do.

As time moves on, I am forever grateful to my Father in Heaven because I had honored Him and set my career aside for family. If I had not, would I have had an ear to Heaven's line when He whispered, "It is time to move"?

I secretly wonder what blessings Heavenly Father will bestow upon me and my writing come that future day? Even so, I hope to hear Him say, "Well done, thou good and faithful servant."


2 comments:

  1. Those are the greatest words we can ever hear.
    It's tough to put your writing career on the back burner, but family does come first, especially since you have a large brood and you home school them. But you can still write for fun and when that day comes where you can pursue it professionally again, you'll be blessed and hit the ground running.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alex, you make my heart smile. I appreciate your support! :)

      Delete

Welcome to my blog! I love reading your comments, so please don't be shy and comment away. Also, because of the outrageous number of Anonymous Spam comments I've been receiving, I have opted from that availability--I apologize for any inconvenience!