Saturday, October 17, 2015

My Journey of Faith: Strong Pull










After sharing with my aunt how exciting it would be to pay her a visit--the last time I saw her was when I was 15--we set plans to visit in the early part of August. I shared with her how interesting it was how we felt a strong pull to visit and she wondered what would transpire.

She shared with us some very inspiring stories on how Heavenly Father had led her from Florida to Texas and how they followed without question, how the Lord had laid out a pathway for them and how much they were blessed.

With wonder in our hearts, we visited Texas, ecstatic to be reunited with family my husband and children have never met! The 20 hour drive was a huge challenge with five kids, including a toddler, from fights, to meltdowns, to incessant complaints. But we survived and felt blessed to have made it on one piece. We arrived from the 9th of August after having left the evening of the 6th and stayed until Tuesday midday on the the 11th. We arrived back home the 13th, midnight.

What is the craziest road trip you've taken?



4 comments:

  1. A journey of faith is worth it no matter what.
    I've driven through hurricane-force conditions. Don't recommend it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I drove a moving truck and Becky's family from Ogden, Ut to El Paso, Tx to a base in Georgia. Never thought we'd get across Texas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I didn't know that! Was this when I was already living in Utah? The drive is crazy!

      Delete

Welcome to my blog! I love reading your comments, so please don't be shy and comment away. Also, because of the outrageous number of Anonymous Spam comments I've been receiving, I have opted from that availability--I apologize for any inconvenience!