Monday, October 26, 2015

My Journey of Faith: Tender Little Mercies










It has been busy here as I'm starting to work on our impending move. We've gathered many shoes, clothes and toys to rid ourselves of. I'm debating whether to have a yard sale or donate to the local thrift store. My kids don't mind a yard sale and I'm not sure about it yet. Though it probably isn't a big deal, I feel I'd need to pray over that decision, considering how much is crowding my "plate" as it is!

So, these are the sites I’ve studied over concerning having one. They are so cool: http://www.yardsalequeen.com/yardsale.htm & http://www.vintagerevivals.com/2012/03/5-tips-for-killer-yard-sale.html I plan to read them over with the kids for Family Home Evening and we’ll have a discussion if they still want to hold one or not. If not, that’s fine, we can just donate it to the local thrift store!

My hubby has been busy working that he is exhausted by the time he gets "home" to his barracks. On his day 4 of work, I cried in prayer because of our distance as well as sparse communication. I begged the Lord to please let me feel His love for me.

When I stepped from my bedroom, my 10 year old son handed me a hand-drawn card with many hearts and words written "I love you, Mom." He also handed me a cute heart made out of his Legos. My burden immediately lifted and I pulled him into a hug.

"What brought this on, sweetie?" I smiled through my tears.

"I just thought you needed it."

Oh, yes. What great timing he has! And he didn't even know I had just been  crying seconds before seeing me!

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful thing for your son to do!
    Unless you really need the money, I'd say donate. Yard sales are such a hassle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! He's so cute, because everytime I'm feeling down, he runs over to where he's keeping the heart and hands it to me. <3

      About the yardsale... ugh, don't tempt me! I'll see if my kids will show me that mercy! Haha!

      Delete
  2. That little guy is a keeper. Kids notice more than we realize.
    Susan Says

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog! I love reading your comments, so please don't be shy and comment away. Also, because of the outrageous number of Anonymous Spam comments I've been receiving, I have opted from that availability--I apologize for any inconvenience!