Friday, October 30, 2015

My Journy of Faith: This Weak Woman Without Her Man










So we have decided to have a yardsale. Yes, even after I read the Yardsale Queen's awesome tips! The kidlets were NOT intimidated. Impressive... I spent the day hanging every article of clothing after having washed them a week before. I was shocked when I saw that the amount of clothes only filled half the size of a 6 foot closet. Here I thought we had more! Maybe with the baby clothes ... and there are a lot! I just need hangers for those.

So, our scripture of the day was this:

Ether 12: 27 And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.

Little did I know how true it would become later that evening. One of my weaknesses is all consuming: it affects my mental state, our finances, my family, our resources, my time, and my daughter's unavailability at her job (she babysits Babykins so I can use the gas efficient vehicle for this task). LOL... I had volunteered to drive 3 students to school, both morning and afternoon. Well, it is a combined 40 mile drive a day, 200 miles a week. Yikes! I've tried to get the other two moms to help, but they aren't available.

With my hubby being gone, and my having to deal with this added stress had me suddenly think of this scripture:

1 Corinthians 11: 11 Nevertheless neither is the man without the woman, neither the woman without the man, in the Lord.

I matched the two inspiring and oh-so timely versus and a light bulb exploded inside my head: Since I know it is our pathway to head to Texas, why wait? Why wait until the school year is over? I need to be with my husband. It is ridiculous to wait so, so, sooooo long, right? I mean, if it is Heavenly Father's will to move up there, why not expedite it? Why prolong the inevitable?


9 comments:

  1. Elizabeth, looks like you are having a tough and stressfull time. Hugs sweetheart, things will eventually work out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd really like to have a yard sale, but since we live in a gated community we have to have a community wide sale on a date agreed upon by the association. Unfortunately that hasn't come about for a few years now. I need to figure out what to do with all of our crap.

    Reading the verse from Ether, the first thing that popped into my mind was the first question asked to the participates in the recent Republican debate. They had to turn "weakness" into strength in answering a question that seemed an attempt to ensnare them.

    Funny, but just this morning before she left for work, my wife mentioned about moving to Houston, Texas. Not my dream destination.

    Arlee Bird
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose you could donate you extra belongings to the local thrift store? Do you have a Salvation Army nearby? Or you could set up a table at a Flea Market...

      Houston, Texas? Howdy neighbor! We'll be living right outside San Antonio! ;)

      Delete
    2. We do gather up goods for the thrift shore now and then. Still there's some things that I'd like to be able to sell. I'm too lazy to do the flea market thing, but who knows?

      I'm not real big on moving to Houston. Never liked the weather there. Now, the hill country north of San Antonio might be nice.

      Lee

      Delete
  3. We had our kids changeschools in the middle of the year once and it was fine. They made great new friends. We let them each have new friends over shortly after we moved and it sealed the deal for them. I'm glad you came to a decision that makes you happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan. That is reassuring. My kids have been worried about friends. I worry about my 13 year old who has a cute circle of friends like the Charlie Brown gang--they hang out together and do everything together!

      Delete
  4. I hope you get to re-join your husband soon. I imagine life is bit difficult without him

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been a challenge, yes. I hope to be with him soon. I hope we can sell our house soon and with enough to provide travels and secure a new place in Texas. Please keep your fingers crossed for us! <3

      Delete

Welcome to my blog! I love reading your comments, so please don't be shy and comment away. Also, because of the outrageous number of Anonymous Spam comments I've been receiving, I have opted from that availability--I apologize for any inconvenience!