Friday, August 5, 2016

My Thoughts for Jaclyn Weist's Princess and the Prom Queen




Not your ordinary Sleeping Beauty! This fun tale will knock your socks off and keep you guessing as Weist has thrown fun elements into the mix.

Modern day Jenny doesn’t care for math. She hates volleyball. She doesn’t know how to paint. Medieval Genevieve finds being a princess as mundane and she snubs every available suitor. That is, until the dark fairy’s curse backfires and both girls switch time periods!

I enjoyed how Weist threw in twists—darker magic than the wicked fairy’s. The writing is light and easy. Fun. However, I found that the believability was difficult to accept in many places (though I know fairies don’t exist, but an author can convince they do, right?), especially when the servant whole-heartedly accepted Jenny’s story of being from the future. Same with Genevieve when she awakened in the future; her parents didn’t bat a lash at her tale, either. I suppose this is for time constraints? Because of these factors (along with similar ones), I would say this read is for a younger audience, not the more critical older groups (unless you love whatever is thrown your way no matter how whimsical).

Though I am a stickler for these types of things, I rather enjoyed the book. I definitely recommend this fun, light read to anyone seeking romantic adventure!



Jaclyn is an Idaho farm girl who grew up loving to read. She developed a love for writing as a senior in high school, when her dad jokingly said she was the next Dr. Seuss (not even close, but very sweet). She met her husband, Steve, at BYU, and they have six happy, crazy children who encourage her to keep writing. After owning a bookstore and running away to have adventures in Australia, they settled back down in their home in Utah. Jaclyn now spends her days herding her kids to various activities and trying to remember what she was supposed to do next. Her books include Ring of Truth; A Christmas Worth Billions, Fashioned for Love; Endless: A Modern Cinderella Tale; The Princess and the Prom Queen; Magicians of the Deep; the Luck series--Stolen Luck, Twist of Luck, Best of Luck, More Than Just Luck, No Such Luck, and Just My Luck, a novella.


click here to purchase your own copy!
For more Jaclyn Weist fun (website), click here!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog! I love reading your comments, so please don't be shy and comment away. Also, because of the outrageous number of Anonymous Spam comments I've been receiving, I have opted from that availability--I apologize for any inconvenience!